— Pico Iyer (via travelling-dreams)
"We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more."
Stuff I like (all)
- “But here’s the thing: healing doesn’t have to be heavy. It doesn’t have to feel like a tiresome concept that we lug around on our backs; one that...”
- “Leave footprints of love and kindness wherever you go.”— Unknown (via happyasatree)
- “My first love
was some insignificant boy
when it should have been
myself.”— Michelle K., First Love.
- “I am the sea and nobody owns me. ”— Pippi Longstocking
- “In the end, you’ll know which people really love you. They’re the ones who see you for who you are and, no matter what, always find a way to be at...”
- “Find meaning. Distinguish melancholy from sadness. Go out for a walk. It doesn’t have to be a romantic walk in the park, spring at its most...”